GMP Medical Cannabis
GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is the definitive standard for manufacturing medical cannabis products for therapeutic use.
What is GMP?
Why do we need GMP for Medical Cannabis?
GMP is an international standard to ensure that medicines are:
- are of consistent high quality;
- are appropriate for their intended use;
- meet all applicable requirements.
GMP Certifying Bodies
International GMP Standards
GMP Certification for Medical Cannabis
GMP Audits and Inspection for Medical Cannabis
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimize the risks involved in any production that cannot be eliminated through testing the final product.
GMP covers all aspects of production from the starting materials, premises and equipment to the training and personal hygiene of staff. Detailed, written procedures are essential for each process that could affect the quality of the finished product. There must be systems to provide documented proof that correct procedures are consistently followed at each step in the manufacturing process – every time a product is made.
- GAP: Good Agricultural Practice: Propagation and Cultivation
- GMP: Good Manufacturing Practice: Processing Herbal Product into Medicines
- GDP: Good Distribution Practice: Sales, Brokerage and Distribution
- GCP: Good Clinical Practice: Prescribing and Clinical Trials
- GLP: Good Laboratory Practice: Clinical Testing and Analytic Testing (Also covered by ISO)
- Rhizo Sciences Quality Statement for Medical Cannabis